Thursday, May 27, 2010

See you all soon(ish)!

I booked my flight for the houseboat! happy dance. FYI to anyone else looking for flights in Canada, there is a pretty good Air Canada/WestJet seat sale which I think ends tomorrow or on the weekend. So excited to see everyone, especially since life in Guelph is kind of dragging at the moment.

Anyway, I am flying in to Edmonton on the Friday before (Aug 20) and flying out from Kelowna the day after we disembark. Hoping to catch a ride with someone across the mountains and maybe borrow a bed in Kelowna for the Monday night after the boat! I really can't wait.

In aid of this flitting about the country, I am changing my living arrangements for the last two months of the summer. I've agreed to move next door into the shared house there, where I will get free rent (paying bills only) in return for dog-sitting a giant black furry conglomeration of wolf and German Shepherd. I am somewhat nervous about taking this on (Kafka is a lovely dog, but not the brightest, so it's a bit like agreeing to be responsible for a toddler for two months - a toddler who likes to chew other peoples' stuff) but on the other hand cutting my rent significantly will help a lot. It's kind of like a summer job, with housemates.

Half my garden is already there, and I spend a lot of time at the house anyway, so I'm hoping it will go well even though I really like living alone. There will be four people in the house, at least one of whom is known to be very tidy, so I am hopeful.

By the way, the reason my neighbour needs a dog-sitter for two months is that he is driving his motorcycle across Canada! I am kind of jealous - it will be an epic trip.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

There was a presenter at the conference who I thought you'd find interesting-doing his doctorate on cognition, addiction and genetics-PhD in psychology student! I will post some info shortly.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Thank you! Sounds right up my alley.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home