Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just thought I'd write a quick post letting everyone know I'm back home, and thanking you all for the support. Especially Lisa! writing up that letter and doing all that research was a pretty amazing thing, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Also everyone who facebooked me and visited, it's amazing how uplifting that can be. The good news is that I received approval from my insurance company yesterday around 2:30, and by 5:00 I was receiving my first dose of remicade. Everything went well, and no reactions yet, so things are looking good. I get my next infusion in two weeks, and then every 8 weeks after that for the foreseeable future. Hopefully that means back to work right shortly.
Anyway thanks to everyone again, and by all means sign those letters and spread them around. I would not want anyone to go through what I did, having your entire future boil down to a decision made by an insurance company!

5 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

Yea Tim - way to go - such a relief to hear your insurance is doing the right thing!! Think of you all the time & hope for continued improvment - it sure is good to be home after a long stay in the hospital isn't it?
keep taking care

love grandma

11:50 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Thanks heavens! Let me know when you can be contacted by phone :)

1:30 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

yay Tim!
I was happy to help-did not take very long to do, and I agree having your future in the hands of an insurance company is difficult to deal with.
Let us know how it goes, I hope well!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Betty Anne said...

Glad you're home. Pharmaceutical insurances are a pain in the butt. Pharmacists aren't happy with the "approval" delays either. so much time and $$ wasted in hospitalizations and lost income etc. Hope all goes well. (ps we were on holidays in washington state when all this was going on).
ba

8:06 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Glad to hear you have been sprung Tim. It must be nice to back in your own place again, I am sure it is quieter than the hospital!!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home