Thursday, November 05, 2009

Two Extra Days Off

When I got back the office, things were not quite ready for me to be fully productive. It took a day for my computer to get re-imaged, pretty hard to be helpful, typing on a phantom keyboard. Got the computer back on Tuesday, only to find some of my ID's had been deleted, so no access to some stuff. Then the request for my access to other stuff, got sent in late, so basically I couldn't help with anything because I had no FREAKING ACCESS to anything. Yesterday afternoon, I went over to talk to Darryl (manager of the area) and said if I don't have any access by the end of the day, I was taking the next two days as vacation. I could have gone into work, waiting around for word that access had been restored, but I would rather be home.

Just to stir the pot over the pandemic again. I just heard on the news that the manager that authorized the private clinic for the Calgary Flames has been fired. they also said there should be no blame attached to the Flames, since they thought everything was kosher. But come on, I find it a little hard to believe that some manager at Alberta Health, just called up the Flames and said we have organized a private clinic for you and your families, come on down and get your flu shots. Because we don't want there to be pandemonium, if you stood in line just like regular people. To me it seems more likely that someone from the Flames organization called and asked if it would be possible. In any event you would think that someone with the Flames might have thought hmmm not everyone loves hockey in the province, and they might not be too happy about the special treatment, especially if they have just stood in line for 6 hours to get their kids vaccinated.

Mom gets here tonight, Allison is picking her up at the airport. Then only 3 more sleeps before we get on the plane. Can't wait. And with time off, I may even get the place in reasonable shape before she arrives.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I myself am hoping to delay mom's site visit to my home until I at least do the yucky dishes.

8:56 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

not only did the flames get to the head of the line but so did their farm team in Abbotsford
See you in a few hrs

10:03 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I had to laugh when the Journal went out of their way to state that the Oilers didn't request a special vaccine.

10:38 AM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

There are rabid Flames fans in the Calgary area that have started a facebook site or twitter or something dissing the Flames.
Go Oilers--or is it Maple Leafs ?
I remembr Johnny Brower in goal- those were the days. They would have let women and children go first!
(even Tim Horton would have stepped aside)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

that was when men were men and hockey ruled.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home