Sunday, March 01, 2009

Lost Cell Phone

I had a call last week from my favourite niece who lives in Edmonton, asking if I lost my cell phone. Well as it happens, I was not sure, I have not seen it for awhile, but since I don't use it very often, that is not unusual. A lady called Grace, because her number was on my phone,and the lady was cleaning out a Jeep when she found it. I must have lost it when I rented at Christmas time. anyway I called the number, got some guy who said, nope he did not know anything about a found cell phone. That motivated me to call and cancel my phone and get a new one. I feel like kind of a loser(in more than just one sense of the word), but what can you do? I will much more careful with this new phone.

I am starting to feel like winter might be over soon, even though the weather has been cold, it is light when I go to work and not completely dark when I come home, so that puts me in a much better mood. And for the last week or so we have had snow, but also a lot of that beautiful Alberta sky, that is so blue and the sun is shining, so all things considered it is good.

Last week I went ut with some of my work colleagues, to watch the hockey game at a pub. We had a lot of fun, two were people that are from out of town, so travel to Edmonton each week, and one was my friend Corrie, that I have worked with for the last 10 years or so. The best thing was we hardly talked about work at all, we mostly just tried to get to know each other a little better, talking about families, upcoming Vacation plans etc. that is one of the best things about project work meeting new people, that you like.

3 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

someone called me here about the cell phone because my no was on it and she wanted to know if I had a daughter in Edm who had sold a car(which she bought) of course I said no never thinking of a rental-glad you got it worked out. We had more snow last night - not much, but will this winter never end? the sun just came out so guess it will disappear without a shovel. Lots of signs of spring around- the 1st croci are out of the ground, pussy willows are pushing and weeping ones are turning yellow and most of the sidewalks are clear so its easier to walk.
Wthout a treadmill, Geoff and Theresa!

10:48 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

They must have given you the wrong number-were you in a contract?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I think the upside of the phone is that if you lost it without knowing, it means you are not ADDICTED to cell phone! You ain't no loser.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home