Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bored in Rocky

We're back in Rocky now, and all the fun stuff that I get in spring break is over. I now work every day except tomorrow, because there are only Simon and I are the only staff members at the theatre still in town. We have an independent film in for a few days about a hockey player. It was filmed up by Edmonton I think. Apparently it isn't any good, if the number of people walking out of it is any indication. One of the guys who is in it was came and saw it last night. I felt really bad for him, because no one liked it at all.

Auntie Jude and I had a really good weekend. We went to Calgary on Friday and just hung around. On Saturday we went shopping and got some deals, and then went to see some Albertan singers. That was pretty good. We were very disappointed to learn that we missed John Wort Hannam though. Sunday we went to Banff. It was fun. I felt very tough since I was wearing shorts and everyone else shopping there were all in parkas and toques.

The best part of the weekend was on Monday when we went to see Hawksley Workman at the Winspear. He was so amazing. He even played two encores. The whole show was almost three hours long. And before the show we went out for schnitzel! It was a very awesome day.

Hockey is all over now. We came in very last place, which wasn't a surprise seeing as we didn't win a game all season. We did tie one though. Our team won the fair play award though! I'm pretty sure that was only because we came in last, but whatever. We still get to hang the banner in the arena. Rugby has started. Jovita is the captain of our team so she named me assistant captain. Not that I deserve it or anything, but I guess its all who you know. We don't have any practices over spring break, but when we get back we will be able to get on the field. That is good because it really hurts to tackle on hardwood. It is also a lot easier to ruck on the field because you have cleats, and the gym floor is really slippery.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Did your shopping include a present for your favorite mom?

4:37 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Yes, as I believe a happy daughter is all a mother wants. And I am quite happy with my purchases.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Sure is fun here in Europe! Sure glad I'm not in boring old Rocky! hee hee

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home