Monday, December 25, 2006

I'll Cut You

We had a wonderful xmas in Kelowna! All of us were very happy with our gifts, and felt extremely spoiled. I was so happy with the gifts, I actually had *no* favourites! All the favourite!

We just played a game of Pit, which Jim gave to Lisa & Richard. The older kids used to play it when they were little. We played an older version (that Jim got at a garage sale) at Laura's in Slave Lake. Tonight, we had the DELUXE version. It was tons of fun - and Mom is SO competitive, it was unbelievable! She sulked a bit when she was losing, and then got happy when she won again. Beware, all: Mother is manipulative in order to be the winner! We tried to manipulate one another by saying, "I'll cut you" to try and cow other players into not winning. It never worked.

In other news, we've gone bowling, and I've been reading Angela's Ashes and been very happy that I am not poor Irish. Jim leaves day after tomorrow. We will spend the next few days ice skating, going to matinees, maybe visiting my friend Kirsten's family in Vernon & x-country skiing. And napping and reading!

2 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

My voice is hoarse from playing PIT. It is capital F FUN. We'll bring it on the houseboat. And see who can yell the loudest.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Pit. Try out Apples to Apples, too - not necessarily as much yelling, but more arguing and also great fun. The rules say play until you have 10 green cards... we've got a big homemade version and have been playing till we run out - 50 each!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home