Saturday, October 28, 2017

Beautiful Fall Day

It was a lovely day here, 15, sunny and lots of tree colour. We spent afternoon doing yard work. Got leaves from neighbour, and Richard went to Jones to spread them as mulch. I did some more yard clean up while he was there.
I have a bit of a nasty cold, was off 3 days from work, went in Friday because I couldn’t stand being off anymore and was going stir crazy. Last night I felt worn out and didn’t sleep great, but this afternoon was nice, even though I moved a bit slow.
Supper is cooking, and I was knitting. Charlotte trying to help me with the wool, so I brought out her ball of wool that Laura gave her and she is batting that around the living room and making chirpy noises.
We had lots of company this fall! Laura came at end of September, beginning of October, we had good visit, nothing too exciting, though did go to Mission Hill for lunch. Which always feels like a delightful and yet snobby thing to do.
Theresa and Geoff were here at beginning of September and as always fixed things for us! Now we have operating rug cleaner, and some lights that weren’t working are back in service.
Judith, Ramona, Evangeline, Annalise, Grady, and Uncle Fred were here last weekend for whirlwind visit. Richard constructed a Fort downstairs and we all wondered how Grady has energy given he only eats yogurt and crackers.
Allison and I booked a trip to Cabo San Lucas in February but extended time to 10 days! It’s nice because we will actually be in same plane as it starts in Edmonton and stops in Kelowna.
We booked our flights to Ontario for December for Gerry’s 90th. Jude is coming here while we are gone, and will cat sit.
I’ve been taking a mindfulness class, it’s 8 weeks, on Thursday eves, with a weekend 1/2 day silent retreat. I don’t know how I’ll feel about the silent retreat, but I’m liking the classes. It’s at Arion Farms in east Kelowna, so is a good place to do mindfulness in general.
Work for both is us is going fine, other than day to day crises which are just part of jobs. I did a leadership course a few weeks ago and co formed that once again I am INTJ. I’m thinking of what I want to do next for work-nothing stands out as something I want to do other than what I am doing now-which I do enjoy. Especially on days like Friday when I went to clients house who is hard to connect with and he offered me some Rolos, patted me on the back and said ‘I like you’. And a client who has been using substances all month said to me, ‘I’m going to cut back, the drugs are making me see things that aren’t there’. I really do like the client care best with work, but also want to be in a position where I can feel like I am influencing it in ways that I think are positive. Which really leads me back to staying in this job. At least for time being.

Ok, other people better post so I don’t feel like I am writing to myself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home