Friday, February 17, 2017

Still winter

I see people are starting to come out of hibernation and post occasionally. I have been absent because I thought there was not much to write about.
I was going to say that it has been quiet here since Christmas, but actually we have been doing a few things. We went to the city to see Blue Rodeo, stayed at the Westin for a really good price. I like being downtown. The concert was really good. Jude had been house sitting for Grace and Dallyn so we picked her up to go back with us. The next week we were in town for the Citadel. We stayed at Grace’s that time and heard all about their trip to Las Vegas and New York.
Also got to see John Wort Hannam out at Grandview Stage.
In between we tried to stay warm and shoveled. We were also happy to hear lots of good news, Grace and Dallyn getting engaged, as well as Henry and Ally, and Betty Anne's daughter Kate. Her son Matthew and Kaley had a baby girl. And so the world carries on.
It’s been cold and snowy but the last few days have felt like spring. Very enjoyable but underneath we all know that winter is not over.
Geoff’s shoulder has been healing well. We went to see the surgeon last week and she is happy with his progress. He is diligent with his exercises and may not even have to go to physio. And he is happy to be able to drive again. I had to go to two 10 per cent days but now I don’t have to any more.
Courtney was away for a week and a bit on a course so we saw a lot of the boys, which was fun.
Geoff came across a really good airfare to New York last week and we briefly considered going there in June. I soon came to my senses, I don’t really want to spend any time in that crazy country. Every day I open the news wondering what the tangerine one has been up to while I was sleeping.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Is it a relief not to go 10 percent days?

10:46 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yes, I don't much like grocery shopping. Geoff loves it so I am more than happy to leave it to him.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

tangerine one!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home