Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mom's hutch and Jim


Jim is here on a visit right now and we are enjoying seeing him.

Went shopping yesterday-Mom bought new dishes for her hutch-which you will note looks very good.

We bought a new camera-so was able to take a photo of the hutch and Jim.

I am waiting for New Orleans. Winter has seemed long. I take my next course all in May, over 3 weeks-6 full days. It is on the history etc of nursing which I like and will find interesting. I have to say I am a little tired of people in the class saying how excellent nurses are, etc etc. Really, sure we have a challenging job at times-but quite frankly we get paid a lot of money and I have seen lots of uncaring nurses. And others working in healthcare don't see us as all that and a bag of chips, so perhaps we should stop congratulating ourselves so much, stop blaming others for what's wrong in healthcare, and instead enjoy what we're doing and work towards making it better in a positive fashion.

Hmm, apparently I am the skeptic in the class.

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

You tell them Lisa. Sometimes people make sweeping statements without anything to back them up. Keep the line.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Excellent rhetoric!

p.s. the word verification is "hutsch"!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I often hear people complain about nurses, not just uncaring but seemingly incompetent. No nurses that I know though. This Theresa on Anne's computer.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Lisa and Mom please send me your mailing addresses, and post cards will come your way.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Is a card coming my way?

9:04 AM  
Anonymous bethsivak said...

hey guys - happy to hear that you're havbing a great trip! keep it up!
address is:

1667 Blondeaux Crescent
Kelown, BC
V1Y 4J8

you know how I love getting pcs

11:44 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

1664 Blondeaux Cres,.
V1Y 4J7

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home