Sunday, March 13, 2011

Big News All Around

Well, it's been a big week. I found out this week that I will ordained on May 8, in Victoria. For those keeping track, this the day before I graduate. Bishop James decided to schedule the ordination for the same weekend as Convocation, so that my family wouldn't have to travel out twice. So, in addition to all of you being invited to Convocation in Vancouver May 9, you are also invited to my ordination on May 8, at St. George the Martyr, in Victoria! Anglicans are ordained twice, once to the diaconate, and then again in six months or a year to the priesthood. So if you can't make this one, you have a second chance!

The other big news is that I've been offered a job! The job is as an assistant curate at St. Luke's, Victoria. An assistant curate is a training role - a little like an intern. We typically spend two years in a curacy, learning all the bits and pieces that we don't learn in school (all the practical stuff. I'm super excieted about this - I was not expecting to be placed in Victoria, or to know where I would be going so quickly. I think I'll start July 1.

The final piece of good news, and nothing to do with me, is that Jesse and Colleen had their baby! Madison Shirley Robertson was born yesterday afternoon at 2:45 in Edmonton. She and mom are healthy and doing well.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Betty Anne said...

Congratulations! Hope to see you in May!

7:51 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I'm so excited for you Will!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Excellent news WJ! Maybe I'll come to the next one.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous bethsivak said...

great news Will - both the Bishop being so thoughtful and getting posted to Victoria - you aced it!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

hooray! of course you got these great appointments. even non-Anglicans want to attend your services!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home