Friday, December 17, 2010

News from GP

Last week my boss called me in and let me know my job is redundent. So they gave me a package for 6 months and my last day is January 3, 2011. In fact I am not going in after December 23 except to hand in my cell phone and keys, what are they going to do about it, fire me? Already done. We are doing ok with the change. I wanted to tell Henry about it before I told anyone else so he came home today. I am not unhappy but not sure what we want to do now, feels like I am 18 again and have to decide what I want to be when I grow up. Luckily the big W is giving me some time to make up my mind what I want. Other than that not much new here, things are good but cold. I am going in to work this afternoon and then there is the Christmas party tonight with the HR group. Everyone traveling over Christmas please be careful on the roads.

5 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

Oh, Laura, I'm not sure whether to sympathize or cheer - glad you got the package which will give you some wiggle room for decision making. its tough to revert to the teens after you're 50!
Weather here is normal - sort of around 0 in the day and a few degrees colder at night. We are hoping for no snow till after the new year
love you

9:21 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Oh my. That is a bit of a shock, especially when they head-hunted you. Now you have to make plans. That is certainly not our forte, hope you are better at it than we are.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I echo what mom said -- sympathize, or cheer? I'm glad you got six months to think about what's next - and you will figure out what is best for you guys. If you want to work in the same field, you are excellent at your job and they'd be lucky to have you.

If you decide to shift to part time or something else, you will be able to do it!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Wow, what shocker. It does give you lots of time to decide what you would like to do, and where you might want to go. Good luck with your decisions, what ever you decide will be the right one.

4:30 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, I feel same as everyone else!
Interior Health could always use HR people I am sure, though I don't think it is any better and possibly more stressful than the mill.
I am glad you got 6 months to think about things!
That makes it better.
How about you come to Kelowna and consult for our unit personally?
We could use it :) And my boss would love you!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home