Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Sault Ste. Marie

 



Our hotel in Thunder Bay was so nice. It was just a Best Western, but looked like an older hotel that had been renovated and was so bright and cool-looking.

It was a long day of traveling again, but again I enjoyed the trip. At the beginning of the day we stopped at the Terry Fox Memorial  which was quite touching. I figured that he would be 66 if he was still alive.

We stopped for gas down the road a bit and as I pulled out, I noticed the check engine light was on. We weren't sure what to do - we had the vehicle thoroughly checked out before we left Rocky. Anyway, we had to keep driving for a bit to get through some construction. Drove a bit more and, lo and behold, there was a Ford dealership at the side of the road. We had them check things out, and the mechanic determined that the problem was a sensor in the gas tank and was not an issue. So we went on our way, later than planned but relieved. 

Finally got to SSM and pulled into a Swiss Chalet before checking into the hotel. There was a line to get a table and when I looked into the dining room all I could see was a sea of white hair. It turned out that they have a Tuesday special - two can dine for $20.99 and apparently every senior in town was taking advantage of it. So we joined the sea of white hair and enjoyed our special. I know I am a senior, so there is something wrong that I find them so annoying.

Gas prices are no longer in the reasonable range, some places up to $1.76.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home