Monday, February 20, 2012

A Busy Weekend

The cactus house down the street.

I tried to keep Mom and Laura occupied this weekend, so they can at least say they did more than sit around my place. On Saturday they took the bus in the other direction, to the mall. I decided to go to the beach and we were going to meet up there. The trip to the mall was very successful, both came home with new clothes. On the way home from the mall the bus stops at the beach just down the road, it is in kind of a valley so way easier to get to then walking all the stairs, and we decided we would meet at that beach.

I puttered around home then grabbed a beach chair and took the stairs down to Hendry's Beach (what I like to call my beach). Being a Saturday there were way more people walking, jogging, walking dogs. I found a nice quiet spot and read my book, people and dog watched. After a while I walked down the beach to Arroyo Burro (the other beach) to wait for the others. It was even busier, lots of families, kids digging holes and building castles. I had just about decided that Mom and Laura were not coming, when they appeared, got a little mixed up about bus times. So we walked home together, along the street where the slope is more gradual and easier to walk up then the 80 steps to my beach.

As well on Saturday morning we skyped with Lisa, and showed her Mom eating breakfast. Maybe she will not have to nag quite so hard about Mom eating when she gets home having had proof that we are not starving Mom.

Yesterday we went downtown, then took a little electric trolley to the beach. Each Sunday since 1966, there has been an art show with the local artists, about 200 booths. They had tons of different things, paintings, jewellery, wind chimes. We walked about halfway down and then decided to go back, it was really over whelming. Back downtown, and we stopped for coffee, at a place called Jitters. It is run by a british ex pat, and he made the most delicious scones with blueberries and raspberries fresh that morning from the farmers market. Yummmmmm. All three of us made purchases at the art show, and when we were walking through Paseo Nuevo Laura found the ball cap she was looking for Henry, I found a new pair of shoes at Nordstroms so we came home a tired but happy crew.

One more day of visitors then I will be back on my own for a week and then home for me. Time has flown by very quickly.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Nordstrom's!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home