Saturday, January 01, 2011

Allison: Year in Review

I'm copying Lisa because I liked her post so much. I had to look at both my work calendar and my Facebook statuses in order to assemble this.

January: I start my second term of two classes plus work. I don't do much work. Did discover the Wikipedia category: Clowns who have committed suicide.
February: Played dodgeball for the UA Libraries Team!
March: Just worked. And accidentally brought a bottle of beer to work in my handbag.
April: New Orleans! Kirsten immortalizes me singing and dancing poorly on video with a group of patient acappellans.
May: Went to San Francisco with my friend Brian! Lots of walking, taking photos, and eating spicy food. Also much time spent in the Castro bars. And I saw several bands, on my own! Brave.
June: Birthday month! My birthday coincides with the Canadian Library Association conference in Edmonton; at several sessions where friends are presenting, they wish me happy birthday! 15 minutes of fame. N2 goes missing.
July: Visit to Kelowna and helping with Mom's house. Lisa feels I do not work hard enough. I work passively on my garden plot at friends Liz & Jim's house.
August: Folk Fest (awesome) and houseboat (also awesome...but I wish there'd been more sun). Also, I finally finish my directed study for my class that started in January. Sigh.
September: down to one class per term; this class is a directed study. I do not have much to harvest from garden. I start bi-weekly subscription to organic vegetable delivery. I also fully step down from the L53 Board. End of an era.
October: CHICAGO and BALTIMORE! Nice hotels and conferences and fun with Judith. N2 comes home!
November: work work work. Feel inadequate. Work.
December: Schmoozy fun with family and Kirsten. I actually get my final assignment in for school on time, and am okay with the fact that I didn't deliver everything I said I'd deliver. Good learning experience re: perfectionism. Wonderful xmas with Ferreys and Sivaks and Wensinks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Seems to be a lot of work, work, work and travel, travel, travel.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

It is weird to think you are not on the board at Latitude, what will you do with all your 'spare' time?

12:19 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Stare off into space with a beer in my hand.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home